Guiding Principles

I feel blessed to have so many strong talented women in my life. All of which who have done things their own way, I wish I could sit down with all of you regularly to talk and think about things. But since life moves so fast, I hope that we can all learn a little more about each other each day just through simple answers to tough questions.

Guiding Principles for Posting to this Blog:
:: Post your comments and read and learn about others
:: Be respectful of others' opinions
:: There are no right or wrong answers
:: Come back frequently
:: Invite people who you think will enjoy this exchange
:: Send me any questions you would like to post
:: Answer only what you feel comfortable in sharing

Friday, March 20, 2009

What do you think about Obama's comment about Special Olympics?

Big deal or not a big deal? Some of you may have seen President Obama on the Leno show the other night comparing his bowling skills to special olympics. It hit the the media in a big way. Grant it, I think his sense of judgement for a split second was impaired, I also think even the President is human. Right or wrong, he made a mistake, I am sure every other President has made some kind of mistake and many worse than this slip of the tongue.

2 comments:

  1. Not the best choice of words, but not a big deal. A big deal is going to war against a country who you "think" has weapons of mass destruction,killing thousands of innocent Iraqi people and losing thousands of Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a mistake but coming from a family that has someone who is mentally impaired, I took offense to it and I think he needs to stop being too "Hollywood." I truly believe he will do great things for this country and I am so happy he is our president but I think he needs to choose his venues a little more carefully and not expose his "casual" side too much. I love the fact that he has a more personal side to him than other presidents but he just needs to be more careful.

    ReplyDelete