Guiding Principles

I feel blessed to have so many strong talented women in my life. All of which who have done things their own way, I wish I could sit down with all of you regularly to talk and think about things. But since life moves so fast, I hope that we can all learn a little more about each other each day just through simple answers to tough questions.

Guiding Principles for Posting to this Blog:
:: Post your comments and read and learn about others
:: Be respectful of others' opinions
:: There are no right or wrong answers
:: Come back frequently
:: Invite people who you think will enjoy this exchange
:: Send me any questions you would like to post
:: Answer only what you feel comfortable in sharing

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Are you turning into your mother?

I ask the question with a proud smile on my face...Jacqui asked me last weekend where I came from and we got into a long discussion about Viet Nam and my parents' journey here. The conversation made me really proud of my parents, especially my mom who left her entire life and family behind to create a new life for our family in the United States - at the age of 20 nonetheless. A difficult and relentless journey, which paved the road for me to be who I am today. If I become even half the person that my mom is, I would be happy with that. She is amazing with a touch of crazy...I can imagine Jacqui calling me the crazy part in later years.

No comments:

Post a Comment