Guiding Principles

I feel blessed to have so many strong talented women in my life. All of which who have done things their own way, I wish I could sit down with all of you regularly to talk and think about things. But since life moves so fast, I hope that we can all learn a little more about each other each day just through simple answers to tough questions.

Guiding Principles for Posting to this Blog:
:: Post your comments and read and learn about others
:: Be respectful of others' opinions
:: There are no right or wrong answers
:: Come back frequently
:: Invite people who you think will enjoy this exchange
:: Send me any questions you would like to post
:: Answer only what you feel comfortable in sharing

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Name something you know today that you wish you knew 10 years ago?

For me I really wish I understood the meaning 'don't sweat the small stuff'. I don't have regrets in life (or at least very few) but I do wish I would have spent less time worrying about certain things that now seem to be menial to me. So much more content with myself and my life now that I have learned to let go a bit more. Still have OCD tendencies but just not as bad...

2 comments:

  1. Ten years ago I wasn't the most confident person. Granted there were so many things that happened to make me feel this way. I think I was too concerned about others' viewpoints. Maybe felt guilty all the time, too, back then. So to answer your question I wish I wore the 'I could care less about what you think' button on my shirt then like I do today....and not feel so bad about it! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely with Jo on this one. Dont get me wrong, I still think highly of what people think but it's more about the people I care about then just everyone. Before it was everyone and now its nice to be sure of yourself and not always second guess what I do. I also feel more open to hearing people out. I used to think I had the answer to everything (wow, I cant believe I'm admitting this) but now I am okay with my shortcomings and am willing to learn more from others and absorb it so I can be a better person. That's what comes with maturity. It's great to be in our 30's.

    ReplyDelete